Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How my boyfriend won the Valentine's Competition...

We claim we don't care what our boyfriends did for us for Valentine's day, as long as there were at least flowers, or chocolates involved, and we let them get away with murder as long as they put at least one ounce of preemptive thought into that special day.

We drop hints constantly, leave cut-outs of jewelry we like, or reviews of new restaurants we'd like to try... but boys will be dense.

Girl's, hoping that their show of overwhelming love will guilt trip their guys into McDreamy status, over-hype and are often disappointed by this holiday, having fallen into the New Years trap of ridiculous expectations.

Not this year my friends. This year, my boyfriend exceeded my every expectation. He was McSteamy with a guitar, and I have to say having love ballads belted out by your nervous boyfriend is probably the best gift one could ever get.

It even beat the caviar blini's I drove around town to scrounge up for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment