Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ex-coworker Backstory...

In re-reading my Bromance post, I realized that some back story would probably be helpful...

I used to work at a lovely little talent agency, full of Agent's Assistants. In one of the most competitive environments in this dog-eat-dog world of Hollywood, it's very hard to separate your friends from your foes & even harder as many of your friends could quickly switch on the drop of a dime pending their own careers and success.

So when E, the seemingly typical arrogant asshole assistant was moved next to me, I was worried not only that my head was going to be filled with useless information, I was going to have to watch my back. What I didn't expect was to actually find a puppy in a sharks clothes.

I think the best way to describe E as a fairly good hearted person who's lost his internal monologue that tells him 90% of the things he says out loud are completely inappropriate. It's still hard for me to not befriend the guys that need social help.

When B & I surprised him on his birthday with balloons & cookies (which amusingly enough we'd done to piss him off) he was genuinely thankful & that cemented in his mind that we were most definitely his friends as well.

After I got my job @ Spyglass, the search for my replacement began. After pestering me for days that the new hire be a ridiculously sexy female so he'd have some major eye candy (again with the inappropriate) we ended up settling for his friend who'd just moved back from Colorado. If he couldn't have a potential date, he might as well have a friend, right?

L and I hit it off immediately. We had the same sense of humor, the same desire to gossip & most importantly the same work ethic which is how I knew to hire her. From our 3 days of training, and our countless hours gossiping I had another friend at ICM.

And yep, this set the stage for the Friend-lousy to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment