Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Speaking of INSANE?!

The Hollywood (Please please hire me) gifts still always amaze me...

While at ICM, there was the variety of flowers, wine, massages that accompanied various unsolicited submissions... numbering into the $100's of buckaroos shelled out just so an agent *might* take notice of their script, short or headshot.

One crazy with a TERRIBLE script sent ME a huge floral arrangement for just taking her call and offering her a suggestion that she might try finding a manager before approaching an agent.

My favorite one was this guy whom I'd talked to for a while over a lunch break offering up suggestions about how to get people to read his script & he dubbed me the only nice person in Hollywood & cleverly sent me a Starbucks Gift Card "To help me stay up reading all the OTHER horrible scripts" a coffee mug "To drink said coffee out of" and wrapped it up all in pages of his script.

But my boss... she might have just taken the cake. A writer/director who she'd met with a while ago, a USC film student with a great short JUST SENT HER A BRAND NEW IPOD NANO. To say thank you for being a nice person.

And it kind of worked... after the initial shock, she was like well now I guess I HAVE to hire him on something & it certainly got my attention. $200 attention grabber. Niice.

No comments:

Post a Comment