Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Friday, January 16, 2009

Bob Iger... like Tiger

An old story to share...

When I was in the ER for a pulled muscle over my heart thinking I was going to die, (yes I know hypochondriac much, but it really really hurt) I was sharing a room with a sweet older lady who was totally crushing on our McDreamy doctor. Not being one for subtle hints, she was wondering aloud how fun it would be for her to play matchmaker one more time, and steamy hospital romance was just what she needed.

Aside from the awkwardness of the situation, I was super thankful that Mr. McDreamy had to go on a break and was replaced by Mr. CouldBeOldEnoughToBeMyGrandfather McDoctor, which ruffled her feathers much more than mine.

After the ice had been broken she was eager for the company & talked up a storm, asking me all about my classes, my love life, my friendship scandals... When I told her that I was at film school, she mentioned that her son was also in the industry. She was very proud that her son was an assistant at ABC... I prodded her further, but she was the one grilling me.

A little while later the nurse stopped by to check in on her, Mrs. Iger.

"What's your son's name again?"

"Oh Bob! Bob Iger... like Tiger! Maybe you'll hear of him one day!"

Yes Mrs. Iger, we've heard of your son, and nope, he's not a lowly subordinate at ABC. But it's good to know that even Bob Iger's mother was proud of him being an assistant somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if was in a hospital bed next to momma iger I'd be massaging her feet. haha great sotry

    ReplyDelete