Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Attention.Deficit.Disorder

In the debut novel from Brad Listi, Attention.Deficit.Disorder which I've had to cover this weekend for my boss has left me feeling quite ADD, which I might add is not so pleasant.

The book rambles seemingly aimlessly following the journey of Wayne Fencer (c'mon have you really run out of cool names?) as he deals with the suicide of his ex girlfriend who he'd recently found out had carried his unborn child. It breaks off into weird vignettes about death and suicide, constantly stops to give arcane definitions and will halt the story completely with movie synopsises.

There are some things about this book, and the vignettes are sometimes facinating, yet the lack of plot leaves me wondering why I even care.

This past week was a blur, coordinating the travel for 5 people from all over the world, creating a master schedule for our director while he's in town, dealing with the absurdity that is our travel agency, all while getting over the flu, has done wonders for my brain efficiency. I'm the type of person who can, with proper thought, organize an army, yet I found myself overwhelmed and discombobulated by a flury of people who's name started with M.

When sending a list of actor names to our casting director... I listed them M... Hottie, J... Sexy, and X... Agent.

"Who is X Agent? I've never heard of them before? When did they get added to the casting lineup?" 5PM on a Friday is a good time to make up new actors.

Anyway I think I thought this was much funnier when it happend, mostly because I was exhausted and thought everything was funny then. Again with the ADD. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment