Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Why we love Fun Bobby!

From Urban Dictionary: FUN BOBBY ~ A guy who is only fun when he is drunk. Often a reference to an episode of the sitcom "Friends" where Monica dated Fun Bobby, who was not only boring, but downright depressing when sober.

That's not quite how I remember Fun Bobby... I think one of his relatives had just passed away turning him from Fun Bobby into very Sad Bobby. Regardless, we use "Fun Bobby" as a term for that guy (and you've all seen him out) who will randomly start a dance party, loves to high-five, and in general turns the entire area around him into the happening place. Generally highly intoxicated, this rare breed is a wonderful spotting and will generally lead to amusing morning after photos.

While at my birthday this past weekend, we encountered a full blown Fun Bobby out in his natural habitat, lurking by the bar so he can get his drink on.

This Fun Bobby who my friend nicknamed "Chad" first cornered my boyfriend with a shared Ukrainian love, as he described his supposedly smoking hot Ukrainian finance he conveniently left at home. Afterward, he then tried to get S to quit his job to make millions programming with "The Russians." (No joke. That's what he said)

He then joined the rest of my party, asking new people if they were here for "Nicole's Birthday" and introducing himself as one of the gang. After a few awkward stares, and some laughs on my part, I'd have to pull away my friends and explain, that no, I do not know Fun Bobby, but that yes, he is drunk, seems to keep buying people drinks, and loves to give high-fives which kept me highly amused for the rest of the night.

So thank you Fun Bobby.

I'm sure you had a massive hangover Sunday, and an ginormous credit card bill, but that's OK, "The Russians" can pay it all off for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment