Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

omj has it already been 2 years?

Monday S & I celebrated our 2 year anniversary, and in true old people fashion we stayed in, had a late dinner, watched GREEK, then S worked for a few hours while I fell asleep reading on the couch. No drunken debauchery, sunsets on the beach, playing badminton in the parking lot, and romancing the hell out of a hotel room in Laguna...

When did I get so old? Serious relationship old?

If you'd asked me before I met S, what I thought my 20's would be like... I would have replied, full of boys and booze and to be honest I was living the dream right up until I met my new destiny.

This past weekend was S's 30th birthday & we went out in Hermosa. I noticed myself doing a very obvious thing, constantly scanning and checking out guys at the bar. My friends thought I was distracted & tired, and constantly tried to rile me up, but really, my eyes were flicking back and forth so fast it gave me a headache.

I love S dearly, but I do think part of me was cut off in my prime, and I feel the need to live vicariously through my single girlfriends, AND since they happen to be wussy about talking to guys, I really can play both parts. I can be the singular and faithful girlfriend, while at the same time, the carefree, fun loving and flirty wingman.

So what's the conclusion of my non-requiter rant? My girlfriends need to get off there asses and have tons of giddy, gossipy fun so I don't feel like an old married person.

** I would like to note, I love my boyfriend and my old married person relationship, it just all took me very much by surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment