Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Thursday, December 11, 2008

When Steaks Grow Legs...

In talking to Myra we came up with a very accurate analogy to Melody and Men.

"It's like putting a juicy steak in front of a Hungry tiger... one that grows legs and runs."

Actually that's more of a "Game Girl" because that accomplishes exactly what a girl wants, a guy to chase after her. Melody's tigers are either not quite so hungry, or EXHAUSTED from the hunt.

I don't know why I have such a hard time accepting people who refuse to change. I guess it's always been my personal M.O. to do everything that terrifies me at least once, so even if I'm still scared (of heights) I can say I stood at the edge of a building an challenged death.

This kind of relates back to Brian and most of my previous boyfriends. (Good Luck Chuck #2) Brian was the perfect example of a boy with a ton of potential. He was a SHE'S THE ONE. Cute in a nerdy way, but with the right wardrobe makeover, he'd be a Clark Kent. Smart like no other, and sweet and most importantly, Innocent. Innocence was a blank slate ready to be written all over.

They were the fix up kinds of boyfriends, the ones that needed to see it in themselves that the reason they were still single was because they didn't DO anything about it. I know I saw it as my good deed to the world, polishing these rough stones into gems of good boyfriends. (and husbands apparently)

If this theory works for guys, why can't it work for girls? I think more of my problem comes from seeing my girlfriends as these super hot, smart and successful girls who have intense (and completely unfounded) self-confidence issues, and REALLY if that is the major issue, I have a hard time listening to their complaints. It's like the skinny girl complaining that she's fat.

I thought this was going to be a witty antic on the game theory behind "dog handling" but instead turned into a melodrama about stupid girls. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment