Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Everyone has at least one crazy...

Some have a few more. Thursday night I got the chance to be reacquainted with one of my crazies...

Almost a year and a half ago at a Harvard Westlake event, I met (we shall call him Mr. Do Not Answer as I have no clue what his real name is) a seemingly harmless bumbling older Asian man who wanted to talk about careers in the entertainment industry etc. He was one of those kinds of people you politely talk to for 5 minutes while desperately scanning the room behind them looking for the perfect out. Unfortunately for me, my out was an In and he was asking for my number.

Now you're thinking, why not throw down a fake? Because my dear friends he'd apparently learned from all the fake numbers he'd gotten... Beware the boy who asks for your number so he can call your phone so you can have his. It's a surefire way to make sure you have a legit and not a fake.

Anyway, he gets saved in my phone as Weird Asian Do Not Answer... and of course Mr. DNA feels the need to call me SEVERAL times afterwards, not getting the hint that nope, don't really want to or need to talk to him again.

So Thursday night, I walk over to a group of people to say hi and introduce myself (it is a mixer after all) and I'm surprised when this small Asian man looks at me "Nicole Iizuka?" Yes I reply? He goes it's me (fill in a name _____) from the Harvard Westlake event?

I sheepishly reply, OMG I remember! I'm so sorry I lost my phone shortly after and have a new number, but wow great to see you, and look there's my friend at the bar with our shots that I MUST take right now, have a nice life.

Crisis avoided, at least this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment