Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, December 8, 2008

OMG I'm Dane Cook...

Or really more like Good Luck Niki.

Last night I got the SAVE THE DATE card (actually very cutely done passport & boarding ticket) for Max's upcoming nuptials... while I'm completely happy that he's found love (or at the very least someone who can stand his parents) I realized that I'm the girl before the girl who get's the ring.

First it was Neal. Neal, first love of my life Neal with whom I'd spent a summer talking about all of our regrets in a very Can't Hardly Wait montage, and one amazingly romantic last night in the backseat of his car watching the sunrise over Mulholland before he left for college. I was his first, and well his last as he went off to U Texas and met the love of his life, who he then married & is now a proud father.

Next was Brian. Well actually this one isn't as hard to comprehend. I like to help people. I've always liked to help people, and in walks Brian, an adorably cute and sweet guy who doesn't see it in himself that he should be a chick magnet. We dated, had fun my freshman year, but after his trial time I cut him loose on the world. Then a month later at a conference he met his perfect girl who he later confessed to me "I would never have had the courage or confidence to talk to her, had it not been for you, so Thank You." Makes sense that'd be the girl he'd marry.

Third was Kevin. And now Kevin doesn't actually fall into this category as he didn't go through with it, but he was totally ready to pop the Question to his girl before they broke up. He'd even started to look into trips to Hawaii for their romantic getaway.

And now? Max would make four.

I'm not bitter, or sad, or regretful. (Well that's a lie, I was really depressed over number one for a long time) I guess I kind of knew that I was the kind of girl who prepared guys to meet the love of their lives, and really I was just the right girl at the right time, not the right girl for all time.

And there's no worry with Sasha as he's already been married!

No comments:

Post a Comment