Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Thursday, October 29, 2009

"I went to high school with Kyle Bacon who was actually really hot & I wanted to marry him so I could be Ms. Bacon"

Now I'm all for anything Bacon, and this is yet another thing on my list of "want to try." Rick Gresh, the executive chef at David Burke's Primehouse in Chicago has created something truly amazing... Bacon Fat Votive Candles!

Every year Bath & Body Works has a candle that comes out during the holidays called Christmas Cookie, which I absolutely adored because it would fill my non-domestic dorm with the scent of freshly baked oven cookies! (Although it did throw me for a loop a couple of times & then I was really sad that I didn't actually have cookies and a cold glass of milk.)

Now, I have to say... A candle that releases a subtle hint of bacon-y goodness sounds too good to be true. AND since it's just rendered fat, he pours it over some of his savory dishes for an extra bacon flair?! This sounds too good to be true. So if any of you are in the Chicago area anytime soon, please please pick one up for me? Thank you!!

A two-inch high candle in a glass holder is $5 in the butcher shop at the restaurant in the James Hotel in Chicago, or call (312) 660-6000 (shipping is extra).

No comments:

Post a Comment