Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Friday, June 11, 2010

Choco-Bacon Pretzel Sticks. Success!!


Tasty, easy & amazing. Conceived in the yummiest parts of my mind, I was pleasantly surprised that this turned out exactly as I had envisioned it! Hopefully the people at No Cookie Left Behind think they're as delicious as I do.

I started with 2 packages of Snyder's Pretzel Rods (Had to dig to the back of the shelf to find one where 90% of the rods were still in tact), 2 packages of bacon & 2 bags of mini chocolate chips. Once home, I sliced the bacon strips into halves and wrapped half of the rod in the strip. It was actually easier that I went cheap and bought the fattier bacon, because it worked well to cling to the pretzel.

The recipe I had suggested baking them for 20 minutes on a wire rack over a pan so the bacon fat can drip off without making the pretzels soggy. Not having an oven, I settled for using my space oven which ended up working really well. I drained the sticks over paper towels & let them cool off before dipping them.

Now for the chocolate. I normally use a bowl & make a double broiler over the stove, but figured it'd be much harder to dip it in a flat surface. Inspiration! I used my bpong.com pint glass & melted the chips slowly in the microwave, making to stir every 30 seconds or so! Topped them off with a few sprinkles for color & texture, then let them chill & harden in the fridge for 30 minutes.

I'm also now convinced that every baked good I make needs to have a logo... & thus the Choco-Bacon Pretzel Sticks are born!!

No comments:

Post a Comment