Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Review: The Rotating Bar @ the Westin Bonaventure Hotel

Called the Bona Vista Lounge, we sort of stumbled on this little gem by accident.

I'd heard of the downtown rotating bar, but never heard it mentioned in the same sentence as a "must" visit destination. It's from a different generation. My parents would go there for romantic dates on the town, but now we're so inundated with going to the "new" and "hip" the classics seem to have fallen to the wayside.

It's funny to hear people talk about these bars & restaurants that are "LA Institutions." Now I must admit, as a youngster I wasn't completely hip on the insider track, but I do know that you locked your doors while driving through Silverlake and you would never be caught after dark in Echo Park for fear of a knife fight. But I do know that, like so many things in LA, old and established is a very relative term.

Now I've veered completely off topic. The Bona Vista was a delightful bar. While the drinks were a little pricey, they were substantiated by the amazing views of the Los Angeles skyline. It is most certainly worth a visit or two, and I would recommend sunset as an ideal start time.

No comments:

Post a Comment