Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, April 12, 2010

SweetSalt: The Red Velvet Cookie

In reading about SweetSalt and their Bacon Truffle Caramel Popcorn, I knew this was a must try, but I have to say, of everything we had, the Red Velvet Cookie was out of this world!

I had made it my mission to try their Lavender Duck Confit sandwich for my "list" as it absolutely contained both the savory & the sweet. Also, not one easily tempted by desserts, I figured I'd stick to my pursuit of the unusual, however these decadent cookies were just too good to pass up. And boy was I right. Two fluffy "cookies" of red velvet, were sandwiched around a yummy cream filling & topped with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar that just begged to be consumed while sipping a nice cup of espresso. (Which us cheap-o's did not purchase.)

That's why they made a "next time."

On to their Bacon Truffle Caramel Popcorn. Thinking it would be the sweet savory snack that would keep me coming back for more, I was severely disappointed by the results. Described as "Earthy" was the right fit. The truffle flavor threw me, and not in a good way.

Bacon. Good. Caramel. Good. Popcorn. Good. Truffles. Not so much. Sorry Mushroom, you're not welcome here.

No comments:

Post a Comment